RED BANK, NJ (DEC. 22, 2017) – Every January, nearly 70 percent of Americans make at least one New Year’s resolution, most commonly to live a healthier, more balanced life. The Community YMCA is hosting an Open House on Jan. 6, 2018 to help individuals and families make their resolutions a reality.
“At the Y, we know that well-being and fitness go beyond just working out,” said Laurie Goganzer, President and CEO of The Community YMCA. “Healthy lifestyles are achieved through nurturing spirit, mind and body.”
In addition to fitness facilities, the Y provides a wide variety of programs and activities that strengthen individuals and communities. “Whether it’s becoming healthier, trying new activities, spending time with family, making new friends or making a difference in the community, the Y is where building a better you builds a better us,” Goganzer said.
The Community YMCA offers families and individuals of all ages and backgrounds a unique sense of community by providing a space to gather and support each other in a healthy, social environment. “Because the Y is a nonprofit and believes that everyone should have the resources to achieve health and well-being, financial assistance is available to those who qualify,” Goganzer added.
All are welcome to participate in the Open House, which will take place from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at The Community YMCA’s Family Health & Wellness Center, located at 166 Maple Ave., Red Bank. The Y’s welcoming staff will provide tours, and free babysitting will be available.
Some of the planned activities include:
- Getting Active: Try a Yoga or Zumba class or take a dip in the warm water indoor pool.
- Exploring Programs: Learn about program options for children, adults, families and seniors.
- Preparing for Summer Camp: Discover summer day camp activities in Red Bank, Matawan and at Camp Zehnder in Wall Township.
- Preventing Diabetes: Adults at risk for developing type 2 diabetes, can learn about the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program, a small-group program helps people with prediabetes eat healthier, increase their physical activity and lose weight.
- Supporting Cancer Survivors: LIVESTRONG® at the YMCA is a 12-week small group exercise program designed for cancer survivors 18 years and older who want to regain their health after having become de-conditioned and fatigued from treatment. Learn about how to enroll in this free program.
- Entering a Drawing for Free Membership: Guests can enter a drawing for chance to win a three-month Y membership. And those who join The Community YMCA at the Open House on Jan. 6, will save $30 to $130 on joiner fees.
To learn more about The Community YMCA’s Open House, visit www.thecommunityymca.org or call 732.741.2504.
About The Community YMCA
The Y is a leading nonprofit charity that strengthens communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Community YMCA serves more than 20,000 residents in greater Monmouth County, NJ through programs such as: preschool, before and after school care, summer day camp, teen leadership, arts enrichment, health and wellness and personal and family counseling. In 2017, the Y provided more than $730,000 in financial assistance and program subsidies to strengthen children and families. For more information, visit TheCommunityYMCA.org.