Leonardo, NJ (July 6, 2018) – From bingo nights to building your own ice cream sundaes, The Community YMCA Bayshore Family Success Center invites local families to free, summer fun activities.
“The Y’s Bayshore Family Success Center is committed to enriching the lives of children and parents by making families and neighborhoods stronger,” said President and CEO Laurie Goganzer.
Located in the Henry Hudson Trail Activity Center at 945 State Highway 36, in Leonardo, the family-focused center provides year-round family support, information and services. It is funded by the New Jersey Division of Family and Community Partnerships and operated by The Community YMCA.
This summer, families are invited to enjoy time together at the following activities, free and open to all:
- Tots-R-Us story time and play group starts Thursday, July 12, 10-11 a.m., and continues every second Thursday at the center.
- Family Bingo Night is Thursday, July 12, 6 p.m., at the Atlantic Highlands Library and Friday, July 27, 6:30 p.m., at the Union Beach Library. Pizza and prizes for all.
- Movie Night is Friday, July 13, 6:30 p.m., at the Union Beach Library.
- Summer Packet help returns Saturday, July 21 and 28, 10 a.m. – noon, at the Bayshore Family Success Center, Union Beach Library and Keyport Library. Team up with a high school student and get help with summer packets or enjoy summer reading in a quiet setting with no distractions.
- Wiffle Ball Game for the whole family on Monday, July 23, 4:30 p.m., at Scholar Park in Union Beach. Bats, balls and snacks will be provided.
- Make Your Own Ice Cream Sundae on Wednesday, July 25, at 4:30 p.m., at the center to commemorate National Ice Cream Month.
Advanced registration is required for all activities. To RSVP and for more information, call 732.497.3811 or e-mail email@example.com.
For a full listing of events, visit: http://cymca.org/locations/bayshore-family-success-center/.
About The Community YMCA
The Y is a leading nonprofit charity that strengthens communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Community YMCA serves more than 20,000 residents in greater Monmouth County, NJ through programs such as: preschool, before and after school care, summer day camp, teen leadership, arts enrichment, health and wellness and personal and family counseling. In 2017, the Y provided $871,250 in financial assistance and program subsidies to strengthen 1,746 children and families in Monmouth County. For more information, visit TheCommunityYMCA.org.