Wall, NJ (February 20, 2017) —Families interested in day camp, and teens and adults interested in camp counselor jobs are invited to attend an upcoming Open House & Job Fair for the 2017 summer camp season at YMCA Camp Zehnder, located on 140 scenic acres in Wall Township.
Camp Zehnder’s outdoor day camp features a beach-front lake, three pools, KaBOOM! playground, nature center, climbing wall, biking trails and zip line. The 2017 camp season will begin June 19 and end Sept. 1.
Families may stop by the camp to see what’s planned for the 2017 summer season, take a personal tour and meet the staff, while job seekers 16 and older who are interested in working at the summer camp are welcome to take a tour and complete a job application.
“Camp Zehnder is a place of discovery, achievement and fun for children of all ages,” said Camp Director Tricia Kline. “While they’re having fun, our kids also learn the importance of team work, cooperation and social responsibility, weaved into adventures and amazing experiences they’ll take with them forever.”
Camp is open to children ages 3 – 15 and includes swimming, sports, cooking, archery, climbing, reading, kayaking and much more. Teen campers enjoy frequent excursions to local venues such as Hurricane Harbor and area beaches.
Half-day specialty camps include:
- Junior Chef Camp, which focuses on kitchen safety and food prep;
- Fizz Pop Science Camp, where kids can experiment with rockets;
- Art Café Camp, where kids learn the art of sculpting, painting and pottery;
- Smiley Science, which focuses on plant, insect, and animal life;
- Soccer Camp, to help young athletes reach their full potential as soccer players;
- Basketball Camp, aimed at developing the fundamentals of shooting, ball handling and defense;
- Spartan Camp, where kids can participate in obstacle courses to build strength and teamwork;
- First Tee Golf Camp, where kids can discover how skills essential to success on a golf course can also help them flourish in life;
- Swim Camp, to help children develop swim skills.
New features for the 2017 season include extended hours of enrichment and all-natural lunch choices form Red Wagon meals.
Y camps are based on the Y’s core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, and Responsibility. Financial assistance is available to families in need based on a sliding scale while funds are available. Registration is available online at www.TheCommunityYMCA.org.
Camp Zehnder is located at 3911 Herbertsville Road. Following is the schedule for all Open House and Job Fairs:
2017 OPEN HOUSE & JOB FAIR DATES
|Sat, March 4||9 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
|Sat, April 1||9 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
|Wed, April 12||5 – 7 p.m.|
|Sat, April 29
(Also Healthy Kids Day)
|9 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
|Sat, May 6||9 a.m. – 3 p.m.|
|(Also Volunteer Clean up Day)|
|Thurs, May 18||5 – 7 p.m.|
|Sat, June 3||9 a.m. – 12 p.m.|
For more information about Camp Zehnder, call 732.836.9177 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
PHOTO CAPTION – YMCA Camp Zehnder is place where children “flourish socially, emotionally, cognitively and physically,” says Camp Director Tricia Kline.